Have a question? Need help using the TPS website? We’ve tried to make things as intuitive as possible but just in case, here you’ll find answers to the most common questions and problems, updated regularly as we make changes and add new features. If after browsing the categories you still can’t find an answer to your question, please don’t hesitate to Contact us.
IMAGES & SUBMISSIONS
- How many photographs can I submit in the contest?
You can submit as many photographs you wish to submit.
- How much does it cost to submit one photograph?
Early Bird entry per photograph costs RM30 (approx USD$7) SINGLE ENTRY & if you send 7 or more entries in ONE transaction you will get 20% off the total bill. (early bird period will end on 31 July 2017 at 11am Malaysia Standard Time – GMT 3AM ).
From 01 August 2017 – 08 September 2017 at 11am onwards Malaysia Standard Time – GMT 3AM ) the cost will be MYR 44 (approx USD$ 10) for SINGLE ENTRY & if you submit 7 photographs and above in single transaction you will get 20% off.
- Does my image need to be taken in a certain time frame?
Photographs need to have been taken after 01-06-2015
- How to participate in Public Choice award? To win the People Choice Prize, your photograph(s) should have the highest number of LIKES on the website. Voters can LIKE a photograph to submit their votes once every 24 hours. Voters can LIKE the submitted photographs until 24th September 2017.
- I live in Iceland, can I still participate?
Anyone can participate. There is no restriction of any nationalities or country.
- Wait, how old do I have to be to participate?
Anyone can participate. If you are under 18, please obtain your parent’s or guardian’s consent before entering.
- I love entering my beautiful photographs in contests, can I enter the photos I have submitted here, in other contests or vice versa?
Yes, you can submit photographs even if it has participated in other contests and won any other awards.
- Can I submit mobile phone photos. Yes, absolutely.
- Are there restrictions on file types and sizes?
Images must be uploaded in .jpg, .png, .JPG or .PNG and be saved in the RGB colour model. File size not more than 1MB. Please resize all entries to a maximum of 1200 pixels on longest side. If you do need to resize your images and make the file size smaller but do not have suitable software you can use http://www.resize.it/ & in file name use alphabets & only symbols ( – or _ ). NO SPECIAL CHARACTER IS ALLOWED.
- How do I delete an image?
Once submitted and paid for, an image cannot be deleted. You have to pay and submit again.
- I have uploaded an image… Why does it not appear on the website?
Once an image has been uploaded, it will be approved by the moderators within few hours. Once approved, it will be published on the website.
- What happens if I don’t get approval?
In case your photograph is not approved because of a valid reason, you will receive an email informing that your image was no approved. You can then log in and change that image with a new image. The image will go through the approval process.
- Can I change or edit an image after I have submitted it and it has been approved?
No, once submitted the images can’t be edited or changed. Choose wisely!
- Can I submit manipulated images?
Entrants may use digital manipulation to optimise and/or crop images, adjust brightness, contrast and colour balance or retouch dust spots. Images may also be sharpened and multiple exposures in camera will be allowed. However, entrants may not use composite or montage photographs produced from more than one original image. Nor may they add or remove elements which would otherwise appear. No HDR and manipulation images allowed. Please view the Rules & Regulations for more details.
- Can I submit my images on a CD, URL or in a book?
No, sorry. All images must be submitted online, via the website.
- Can I see my submitted images on the website
You will be able to see your images on the website within few hours and on Facebook & selected images on Instagram within 7 days of submission. All photographs will go through an approval process before being published.
- Should there be a watermark/ copyright information added to the images entered into the competition?
No. All images must be clear of any copyright information so that the photographers identity is not revealed by the image. In the interest of fairness, the judges are not allowed to see the names of the photographers when judging. Any images that do contain photographers names on the image or any other watermark/copyright information, will be disqualified from being presented to the judges.
- How do I register?
Click on Register
- What happens if I forget my password?
Click on ‘forgot password’ to change your password and follow the steps.
THE CONTEST & PAYMENT
- What is the deadline to enter the Moments Photo Contest 2017
Entries will be accepted from 26 June 2017 – 08 September 2017 11am Malaysia Standard Time or 3am GMT.
- How do I pay?
You can pay via PayPal, credit card & if you are paying through Malaysian bank account you can also Direct Debit Transfers through online Payment gateway.
What is 3D – Secure?
3D-Secure is a service facilitated by VISA and MasterCard that lets you transact online securely using your credit card. This service is available on our website. Both Verified by VISA (VBV) & MasterCard SecureCode (MSC) introduce password protection during an Internet purchase to authenticate the customer.
How to get my password for 3D-Secure?
Most of the banks are leveraging on one-time-password (OTP) technology, allowing the card holders to receive the unique password via their registered mobile number with their credit card issuer. The way of getting the password may vary from bank to bank. For further clarification, please speak to customer service officer of your credit card issuing bank.
Who are the judges?
We have experienced photographers and professionals on the jury panel, you can view their profiles: here
- How can I find out the results of the contest
Shortlisted contestants will be contacted via email and will also be announced on our website, Facebook Page and Instagram handle.
- Can I enter my image in other competitions?
Yes. You may enter into other photography competitions, we have no exclusivity rights to your images.
- Do the sponsors have right to use my image? Will my image be used in any other way?
All entrants understand that any image submitted to the competition may be used by Travel Photographer Society themselves. Please read the full list of rules for details.
- How do I contact you?
We would be delighted to hear from you. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can i get discount? Yes.
- If i submit 10 photographs can i get a discount? Yes. Even if you submit 7 or more photographs in one transaction than you will get 20% off straight away.