Travel Photographer Society – MOMENTS Photo Contest is looking for the best snapshots taken anywhere in the world. If you think you have what it takes, submit your photographs to us now!
Photographs need to have been taken after 01.06.2015
Please note that for the purpose of this contest, we will be following Malaysian Standard Time.
Submissions: Each participant can submit unlimited photographs
Early Bird finished
Special rates/ entry 36 MYR or 8 US$, if you submit 7 or more photographs in one transaction will get 20%off.
Special entries timing: 16 August 2017 – 1 September 2017 (11am Malaysia Standard Time-GMT 2AM)
Standard entries timing: 1 September 2017 – 8 September 2017 (11am Malaysia Standard Time – GMT 2AM )
Standard rates/ entry 44 MYR or 10 US$, if you submit 7 or more photographs in one transaction than you will get 20% off.
Last day to submit 08 September 2017 (11am Malaysia Standard Time – GMT 2AM )
14 September 2017 – 24 September 2017: Judging
28 September 2017 : Announcement of Result
Image Naming & Payment Methods
To ensure a smooth submission, please follow the naming instructions given below for your images. You need to name your image before uploading it on our website.
We regret that failure to do so may result in rejection and disqualification.
Naming convention: Photographer’s first name_Lastname_Title
Example: Alex_Lee _Unexpected
Photograph(s) size should less than 1MB and longest side should not be more than 1200 pixels
For further details, please refer to our full Terms and Conditions below.
How do I upload my image & pay payment online?
- Activate your account by following the steps in email sent to you.
- Photographs need to have been taken after 01.06.2015
- To submit photographs, click on ENTER on the upper right corner of the photo contest page. NOTE: SYSTEM ONLY ACCEPT IMAGES SAVED AS .jpg, .png, .JPG or .PNG
- Photo file size not more than 1MB when submitting photograph for contest.
- For multiple entries press the add (+) sign
- Press continue to make payment when you have completed your submissions. You can always login again to do submit more entries.
- Please always check your total entries and payable amount before proceeding to checkout. Any older files can be deleted by the (X) icon on the left.
- Choose your payment method. (Paypal or MOLPAY inclusive of Visa & Master Card or for payment directly into our bank account please see the point number 16.
- Fill all the required fields and submit the payment.
- If you are choosing Paypal to make payment, after login, it will take you to the summary of your transaction. Please click ‘Return to Merchant’ to complete the process.
- If you choose to pay via MOLPAY, Visa and Master cards from all over the world are accepted.
- When the payment is done, please click exit to see summary of your transaction. Click on the tab to complete the payment or wait for the page to be redirected. Please DO NOT close the window or click anything. The window will redirect you to Travel Photographer Society page (This can take up to 40-60 seconds). This will confirm that your payment has been completed and images have been received. You will also receive a confirmation email.
- Images will be uploaded within 24 hours after screening by the admins.
- You can also submit payment directly into our bank account if you dont have credit card or PayPal.Below are bank details:BANK NAME: PUBLIC BANK BERHAD
- ACCOUNT NAME: TRAVEL PHOTOGRAPHER SDN BHD
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 3201042124
SWIFT CODE: PBBEMYKL
BANK ADDRESS:MENARA PUBLIC BANK, 146 Jalan Ampang Kuala LumpurAfter you pay the payment email us the bank deposit receipt as proof and photographs details.Kindly save your entries into Cart and select PAYPAL below and sign out.After we receive payment your photographs will be uploaded on the website.
If you are using your friend/spouse or relative’s credit card kindly email us these details:
- Name on credit card
- Number of entries submitted using the credit card.
- Participant’s full name and contact details.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Files must meet the following specification:
- RGB or Adobe98 Colour space
- The image size on longest side not more than 1200pixels and size will be less than 1MB.
- The photographs should have no watermarks/copyright units or logos.
- The photographs should be saved as .jpg, .png, .JPG or .PNG
- Only bleed photographs without border
- Entrants may use digital manipulation to optimise and/or crop images, adjust brightness, contrast and colour balance or retouch dust spots.
- Images may also be sharpened and multiple exposures in camera will be allowed.
- However, entrants may not use composite or montage photographs produced from more than one original image. Nor may they add or remove elements which would otherwise appear.
- No HDR and heavy post manipulation images allowed.
- All photographs taken after 01.06.2015 can be submitted.
- Anyone can participate. If you are under 18, please obtain your parent’s or guardian’s consent before entering.
The top 10 selected participants need to submit their high resolution copies of their photographs Jpeg ( at 300 DPI ) or Tiff files within the specified deadline. The failure to do so will result in disqualification from the TPS Awards 2018 Exhibition.
PAYMENT THROUGH CREDIT CARDS (VISA & MASTER CARDS)
How credit card transaction works?
- The customer (you) shops at TPS website and select credit card as payment option during checkout process.
- The customer enters the credit card details required at a secure payment page powered by MOLPay gateway.
- The customer is required to enter one-time password (OTP) at bank’s page to authenticate the online purchase.
- The transactions will be sent through secure credit card payment network for approval.
- The credit card issuer approves the transaction with approval code.
- Payment has been made successfully to merchant.
Why “MOLPay” name stated in my card statement?
We have appointed MOLPay as our third party payment gateway to process online transactions.
Who is “MOLPay”?
MOLPay is a third party payment gateway that being authorised to process payment transactions of credit card, internet banking, e-wallet & cash payment. MOLPay is notified by BNM under malaysia Payment System Act 2003. For more info, please visit www.molpay.com
How secure is “MOLPay” payment gateway?
All communication between you and MOLPay are encrypted using 256-bit SSL connection. MOLPay services are scanned and certified by Hacker Safe & SiteLock everyday. MOLPay services comply with the global data security standard – Payment Card Industry: Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). To protect both cardholder and merchant, MOLPay has implemented 3D-Secure environment (Verified by VISA & MasterCard SecureCode) for its credit card payment processing. Besides, MOLPay does not store any cardholder’s sensitive data and information.
What is 3D-Secure?
3D-Secure is a service facilitated by VISA and MasterCard that lets you transact online securely using your credit card. This service is available on our website. Both Verified by VISA (VBV) & MasterCard SecureCode (MSC) introduce password protection during an Internet purchase to authenticate the customer. The goal of VBV/MSC is to create the same trust and confidence amongst merchants and customers that exist in a face to face shopping environment.
What are the benefits of 3D-Secure?
VBV/MSC provides added assurance by authenticating you while using your Visa/MasterCard credit card to make payments online. You can assured that any online merchant giving VBV/MSC service is legitimate commercial entity. A private code means added protection against unauthorised use of credit card when you make payments online.
How to get my password for 3D-Secure?
Most of the banks are leveraging on one-time-password (OTP) technology, allowing the card holders to receive the unique password via their registered mobile number with their credit card issuer. The way of getting the password may vary from bank to bank. For further clarification, please speak to customer service officer of your credit card issuing bank.
I am one of the Winner. How i will get the cash prize?
The Cash Prize will be transfer through TT (telegraphic transfer) within 45 days after we receive bank details from the winner(s)
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The Travel Photographer Society Awards 2017 (“The Competition”) is open for everyone and there is NO AGE limit, excluding employees of TRAVEL PHOTOGRAPHER SDN BHD (“The Promoter”), their group companies or anyone else connected with the competition.
- The competition is open for all Photographers (amateurs & professionals)
- Entries which have been named in other contests as a Winner, Finalist or Honourable Mention are eligible for subsequent awards. A *photographer* may win multiple awards can submit for the competition.
- Each entry cost
Early Bird from 26 June 2017 to 01 August 2017 RM32(approx USD$ 7) and if you submit 7 or more photographs in one transaction will get 20% off &Special rates/ entry 36 MYR or 8 US$, if you submit 7 or more photographs in one transaction will get 20%off.Special entries timing: 16 August 2017 – 1 September 2017 (11am Malaysia Standard Time-GMT 2AM)Standard entries timing: 1 September 2017 – 8 September 2017 (11am Malaysia Standard Time – GMT 2AM )
Standard rates/ entry 44 MYR or 10 US$, if you submit 7 or more photographs in one transaction than you will get 20% off.
- All entries must be made personally. Entries made through agents/ third parties/ spambots/ code hacking/ multi-browser bots are invalid.
- IMPORTANT:If you are using your friend/spouse or relative credit card kindly inform us the details for example: 1 Name on credit card. 2 How many entries submit at time using the credit card. 3 Participant full name with contact details. 4 Email us at email@example.com
- All images submitted may be subject to moderation. The Promoter has the absolute discretion to upload or not upload any image and to remove any tagged image. The Promoter shall in particular refuse to upload any image for the following reasons:
- Use of defamatory or malicious content.
- Any indecent or inappropriate content.
- Photographers that belong to others or do are found in any contravention of the rules stated here.
- If the photographs are not approved for the above mentioned reasons, the entrant will be given a chance to replace the rejected photograph.
- All payments are non refundable.
- By entering, the entrant agrees that:
- They have personally taken the images submitted.
- They are the sole owner and copyright holder of the images.
- They grant to the Promoter the right to use the images from the date of entry to 18 months after the closing date of the Competition. The Promoter will use the images to further promote the competition/ future competitions. However, all such uses will credit the photographer, provided they give their agreement. (For the avoidance of doubt, copyright shall remain with the entrant).
- They grant to the Promoter the right to use other entered images from the date of entry to 18 months after the closing date of the Competition for no consideration. However, all such uses will credit the photographer provided they give their agreement. (As with winning images, copyright shall remain with the entrant).
- Promoter have the right to use selected images for the purpose of publishing, to advertise TPS for 18 months.
- Any other use of the photograph will be with the consent of the photographer.
- The winners may be required to produce the original image files before the prizes are awarded.
- Entries not fulfilling the stated criteria will be deemed ineligible and disqualified. Where this is discovered after the prize has been awarded, the winner will be disqualified and the prize, or the equivalent value, returned by the entrant.
- Organiser has the right to change the date of submission of entries if required due to any circumstances.
- Each entrant’s approved image will be shown on the promoter’s website and social media platforms together with the name of entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to amend this description for reasons of presentation.
- The judging panel will select the photographers, whose images are deemed to best capture a spontaneous moment in time, portraying a land, its people, its wildlife, or culture. Pictures will be assessed for their:
- creativity and originality
- composition (technical excellence and quality)
- artistic merit (wow factor) and
- content (relevance)Each picture will be assigned a score by jury panel, whose scores will be averaged to produce a final score. In all cases when there is a tie, the entry with the higher artistic merit score will be deemed the winner. The jury’s decisions will be final and no correspondence will be accepted.
- Data Protection: your personal details will at all times be kept confidential and only used for the operation of the Competition. However by entering the Competition, unless you have specifically indicated otherwise, Travel Photographer Asia reserve the right to contact you with news, promotions and offers.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries or votes that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
- Neither Travel Photographer Society Awards 2017 nor Travel Photographer Sdn Bhd responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by entrants as a result of entering the Competition or accepting any prize. We further disclaim liability for any injury or damage to you or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition.
- By entering the Competition you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter’s decision in all matters is final and binding.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- This Competition will be governed by the Malaysian law.
- The Promoter: Travel Photographer Sdn Bhd.